The Dash Diet is born in the United States around the 90s and today they are beginning to learn even in Italy. E 'it followed by many Americans, who consider it one of the best in the world diets because it allows you to lose weight and at the same time combat hypertension.
Dash is in fact an acronym that stands for "Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension" which translated literally means "Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension." Recall that for hypertension is meant a constant state (not occasional) whose blood pressure is high compared to the physiological standard considered normal, and diastolic higher than 90 mmHg and higher than 140 mm Hg systolic.
The Dash Diet is aimed at restoring and maintaining normal blood pressure in those subjects where this is due to an unhealthy lifestyle and diet to unregulated, while it is less effective when hypertension depends on secondary diseases or strong genetic component.
basic principles that the Dash Diet is effective physical activities are costing and elimination of risk factors for hypertension such as smoking, alcohol consumption, overweight.
The main rules to follow the Dash Diet are as follows:
1. Reduce sodium in your diet drastically. This means little or nothing to use table salt for seasoning preferring flavorings or spices, and eat a few of salt-rich foods such as meats and cured sausages, cheese, snack foods, packaged snacks and packaged sauces (sodium is often used to store), kitchen nuts, in particular those which contain glutamate;
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, rich in water; But avoid soups and ready pre-cooked vegetables,vegetables or frozen soups go well even if it is always better to consume fresh vegetables in season;
3. Consume whole grains and legumes, low glycemic index to control insulin;
4. Consume oily nuts, olive oil and oily fish: they contain polyunsaturated fatty acids that have beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system;
5. Favour foods rich in magnesium and potassium because they have a positive effect on blood pressure regulation;
6. Avoid saturated fats and simple sugars: hence limiting red meat and fatty meats, sausages, white sugar and sweets;
7. Avoid all foods preserved in salt or brine and smoked ones;
8. Drink 1.5-2 liters of water per day, preferring the low mineral content.
The Dash Diet can be followed for weight loss, because it is rich in low-calorie and high amounts of water and fiber foods, while low in simple sugars and saturated fats that are replaced by unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found in fish and nuts oily. The result is a gradual and balanced weight loss, by controlling the levels of cholesterol and insulin peaks.
In a month, following a diet based on the rules of the Dash Diet for daily intake of about 1400 calories, it is estimated that you are able to lose up to 4 pounds with a few sacrifices, controlled way with the blood pressure levels.
Basic indications are used as a condiment only extra virgin olive oil (recommended 4 teaspoons a day, 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner), no salt, eat snacks in fresh fruit or yogurt instead of snacks, or snacks, always have a side dish of seasonal vegetables at will both lunch and dinner.
(You can safely use for 4 weeks by turning everyday)
– Breakfast: 1 low-fat yogurt, 3 slices wholemeal bread with 30 grams of jam, a centrifuged fresh pineapple, green tea or coffee without sugar.
– Mid-morning: 1 fresh fruit in season.
– Lunch: 200 grams of green salad and tomatoes, a wholegrain sandwich with 80 grams of lean hamburger meat, salad and tomato, a fresh squeezed orange juice.
– Snack: one low-fat yogurt
– Dinner: soup with 60 grams of legumes (chickpeas, lentils or beans) with 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce and spices, 60 grams of ricotta cheese, 200 grams of steamed spinach.
– Breakfast: 150 grams of skim milk, 30 grams of whole grains, fresh grapefruit juice, green tea or coffee without sugar.
– Mid-morning: 1 fresh fruit in season.
– Lunch: 150 grams of grilled chicken breast, mixed salad of lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, celery, fennel and cucumber (depending on season), 1 to 30 g slice of wholemeal bread.
– Snack: 1 low-fat yogurt and 2 nuts or dried almonds 4
– Dinner: 60 grams of whole wheat spaghetti with seasonal vegetables and a teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese, 150 grams of steamed fennel, 1 apple.
– Breakfast: 150 grams of skimmed milk with a banana or other fruit of choice milkshake season, green tea or coffee without sugar.
– Mid-morning: 1 yogurt skinny white, 2 nuts or dried almonds 4
– Lunch: a sandwich or sandwich with two slices of wholemeal bread or cereal, a layer of cottage cheese or low-fat cheese like Philadelphia light spread, 50 grams of chicken breast, a salad and a slice of fresh tomato, 100 grams of carrots and 100 grams of celery in pinzimonio (vinaigrette: 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, spices but no salt to taste).
– Afternoon snack: 1 fresh seasonal fruit or carrots centrifuged
– Dinner: 160 grams of sea bream, 100 grams of roasted potatoes with rosemary, 200 grams of spinach fried
– Breakfast: 150 grams of milk with 40 grams of oat bran, 2 kiwi or two plums, green tea or coffee without sugar.
– Mid-morning: 1 yogurt skinny white.
– Lunch: 80 grams of brown rice with artichokes, 200 grams of mixed green salad (watercress, lettuce, Belgian endive, corn salad, etc), 1 apple
– Mid-afternoon: a fruit centrifuged or fresh vegetables to choose Season, 2 nuts.
– Dinner: 150 grams of grilled turkey breast, 200 grams of mixed grilled vegetables without salt, 1 orange
– Breakfast: one low-fat yogurt with fruit, 30 grams of toasted whole wheat bread with 2 teaspoons of fruit jam, green tea or coffee without sugar
– Afternoon snack: 1 fresh fruit in season
– Lunch: a toast with 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread, 60 grams of ham and 30 grams of fresh low-fat cheese (type philadelphia light or cottage cheese or cheese first salt), hearty salad of lettuce, carrots, celery, tomatoes, 1 slice of fresh pineapple
– Afternoon snack: a low-fat yogurt with 2 nuts or dried almonds 4
– Dinner: 60 grams of whole wheat spaghetti with fresh tomatoes and spices, 200 grams of steamed beets, 1 pear.
– Breakfast: 150 grams of skim milk, 30 grams of whole grains, 2 kiwi fruit, green tea or coffee without sugar
– Mid-morning: 1 fruit yoghurt
– Lunch: 120 grams of grilled swordfish, 200 grams of steamed broccoli, 1 to 30 g slice of whole wheat bread
– Afternoon snack: 1 fruit of your choice season, 4 almonds secch
– Dinner: 60 grams of brown rice with 80 grams of shrimp, 1 fennel and 2 stalks of celery in vinaigrette, fruit salad of seasonal fruits
– Breakfast: 1 low-fat yogurt with fruit or cereal, 1 banana, 2 wholegrain biscuits, green tea or coffee without sugar
– Mid-morning: 2 tablespoons in total between almonds and dried nuts
– Lunch: 70 grams of seasoned green lasagna with bechamel sauce without butter (made with milk and flour), peas, ham cubes, mixed vegetables and two teaspoons of grated Parmesan cheese, 150 grams of tomato with fresh basil.
– Snack: one centrifuged carrots and celery.
– Dinner: 150 grams of non-smoked trout fillet grilled or baked, 1 baked potato (with the skin), 150 grams of spinach or fennel steamed, 1 cup of berries without sugar.
For us it is very important to remember the following:
Any news or advice on diets or diets contained on the site www.dietaonline.it shall be construed for informational purposes only. This information should never replace the personal advice of a dietician or nutritionist. Therefore, any decision taken on the basis of these indications must be understood as a personal and according to their own responsibilities. An indicative food program in fact, can not in any way a substitute for the medical choices, which is always the decision maker and the final charge.